Tomato Chutney

Not all my family members eat non veg.. For breakfast this Sunday, I had to prepare veg and non veg separately which is a little tiring. with guests at home, cooking both varieties is a pain. So made bread omlette for the eggies and the super fast tomato chutney. one of my friend is a great cook and when I used to stay with her before marriage, she would make this chutney occasionally on sundays. So this recipe is picked up from her.

Ingredients:

Tomatoes medium sized 2
Cumin seeds 1 tblspns
Chilli powder 1/2 tblspns (optional)
Pepper 1.5 tblspns
Sugar 1/2 tblspns
salt

Heat oil and put cumin seeds in it. Once it changes colour add the finely chopped tomatoes, cover the pan and leave it on low flame. let it cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer it till the tomotoes are cooked well. add 1/2 cup water to the same and once boiled.
This tomato chutney has a tangy sweet and spicy taste and gells very well with bread/toast. I havent tried it with dosas. Will update once i try.
When i tried it last time i could not find pepper powder so I had put pepper corns in oil once jeera was fried and then put the cut tomatoes. It tasted very good but i happened to bite a corn and I was all flying after that. So I had to remove each of the corn from the chutney before serving. So this time I put powder and it was awsome!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...