Buddha

Some days back I was just browsing through Flickr to see some different from usual errr.. actually weird photos clicked by camera crazy people and happened to come across some pictures of Gautam Buddha . The serenity of Buddha's face captivated me instantly and suddenly I felt myself more relaxed. I browsed more and saved various pictures of Buddha on to my PC for later viewing. Ever since then I have been constantly looking and reading about Buddha. I happened to read one thesis written by someone from Oregon university; The thesis says all about Gautam Buddha's initial days and why he left his wife, about his preaching .... in the end it says "Buddha attained Nirvana and to celebrate the day Indians celebrate Deepavali, the festival of lights!" I was a bit surprised by what was written. We celebrate Divali for a totally different reason. Anyways who is to correct the Oregon university professor!!
Today I was a little disturbed and I knew the easy way to cool myself. So pushed the halt button to my work and started browsing for Buddha pictures and was surprised to see lots and lots of Buddha statues in gold, across the east Asian countries. Buddha led an example for simple living, he renounced from all the worldly pleasures of mankind and went in seek of peace. Why do we have so many statues of Buddha in gold or any pricey material? Well certain questions dont have an answer, even if they have there are subjected to individuals perception and cognitive content!!


2 comments:

vicky said...

lets get a buddha statue for our home lady ! ... by doing that I think we shall bring a real important aspect in our house.. peace of mind :)

Anonymous said...

there are many things in life we dont have answer for. As you said it is subjected to individuals perception and cognitive content!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...