Paneer paratha

I had made paneer paratha last saturday and it came out just too good. I generally dont over eat and my appetite is that of a pigeon, inspite of that the fact that my BMI is on the edge of the upper cut off is a matter of concern  though. Yet I managed to overstuff myself that day as it was too deliciuos and it did not need any accompaniments.

Ingredients for the stuffing:
Paneer  (Indian cheese)- grated - 2 cups
mashed potato - 1/2 cup 
ginger garlic paste - 1/2 tea spoon
coriander leaves - 1/4 cup
mint leaves  - 2 -3 leaves
garam masala powder - 1 tea spoon
coriander powder - 1 tea spoon
cumin powder - 1 tea spoon
paprika powder - 1 tea spoon
salt - to taste

dough: for the outer covering :
Wheat flour
salt
water

Method:
For the outer covering mix all the ingredients and knead it like chapathi dough and keep aside for atleast half an hour. Mix all the stuffing ingredients and keep aside for 10 minutes.
Take small balls of the dough and flatten it with a rolling pin  make sure that the sides are thinner and the centre is thicker relatively. you can do it with a hand too.  place a spoon full of stuffing at the centre of this flat dough and cover it up. Roll the stuffed ball in dry wheat flour and flatten it with the pin. do not make it very thin. fry it on the hot tava like chapathi by applying oil on both the sides while frying. you know it is cooked when both sides get the golden brown patches.

VR loves potato in everything. In maggi, in potato curry, chicken curry, any green vegetable stir fry. So evertime I use the pressure cooker for cooking rice only , I steam 1 or 2 potatoes and stack in the refrigerator and use it up within 2 days. I had a small piece of cooked potato left and I used it up in this paratha stuffing and no regrets about it.

Notes:
  • Mashed potato is optional but I like to put it because helps bind the stuffing together and it gives rich flavour to the parathas.
  • Sugar is optional. I like my paratha to get that spicy and with a tinge of sweetness.
  • You could use finely chopped green chillies instead of paprika powder for the spice quotient. I dont like to get them in my mouth while eating hence skipped that.
 This week I had boiled sweet potato instead of potato. I used this in place of the two ingredients - boiled potato and sugar. It came out very good!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...